Merrilee spent 10 days discovering the history, cuisine and culture of Mexico’s Puerto Vallarta, situated on the Bay of Banderas on the Pacific Coast. There are lots of activities and attractions that could be incorporated into a conference program or leisure itinerary and it is a very affordable destination for those on a budget. Some highlights are:
– the Hidden Beach of the Marietas Islands, a haven for snorkelling, kayaking and whale spotting
– Bucerias, a small beach town with colourful houses, galleries and street markets where you will find silver jewellery, Mexican rugs, hand painted bowels and artwork, leather goods and
– Sayulita, a hippy-chic coastal town 25 miles north of Puerto Vallarta with colourful street stalls, boutiques, beachfront bars and is popular for surfing.
– the ornate Nuestra Senora du Guadulope Church in Puerto Vallarta
– Mexican fiestas with cultural dancers and mariachi bands displaying their rich heritage.
– many luxury resorts on the beachfront in Nuevo Vallarta
Want to know more about Mexico? Click here